A collage for Day 72 (January 1st) of my #100daysofcutandpaste project mapping out some commitments for the upcoming year, mostly to the serious, go-steady pursuit of photography and design as businesses. I included the Eames' eiffel chair to represent design, and the type of excellence I always want to strive for. Looking at it in this photograph, I was reminded of 15 lessons from the Eameses that I found around a past new year - all worthy goals in and of themselves, and a great bit of guidance to start this year off right:
1. Keep good company
2. Notice the ordinary
3. Preserve the ephemeral
4. Design not for the elite but for the masses
5. Explain it to a child
6. Get lost in the content
7. Get to the heart of the matter
8. Never tolerate “O.K. anything.”
9. Remember your responsibility as a storyteller
10. Zoom out
12. Prototype it
14. Make design your life… and life, your design.
15. Leave something behind
What goals can these lessons help you achieve this year?